Adım Adım Obezite Ameliyatı Yolculuğu
One of the most curious issues for our patients who are planning to come from outside of İstanbul for bariatric surgery is related to the processes after landing. We will tell you about this process with this article.
Step 1 – Get support from your native patient consultantIf you have any questions or concerns about bariatric surgeries, feel free to reach us anytime from this number: +90 543 346 1037. Your patient consultant will contact you without delay and she will calculate your BMI, take information about your health datas, introduce bariatric surgeries methods and determine which bariatric surgeries operation you should have. Also if you still have questions about operations, you may talk our doctors on the phone if you want. Then your health datas will be checked by our doctors. If our doctors say “Yes, you are suitable for this surgery” and you want to have the bariatric operation, you will be ready for the journey. We will work together with you to agree a date for surgery. The aim is to do this promptly, usually within one to two weeks.
Step 2 – Picking up from airport and hospitalizationAfter the flight, you landed in Istanbul. Great! Our welcome team, who knows your language when you get off your plane, will be waiting in the area to take you to the hospital with our VIP transfer vehicle. After arriving at our hospital which is approximately 5 minutes away from the airport, we will perform various procedures related to your hospitalization and surgery. Procurement of the necessary documents related to your operation and signing them will be one of the first processes we will do when we come to the hospital.
Step 3 – Examinations and conversation with your doctor Hasan ErdemAfter you have completed your hospitalization procedures, we will complete your various examinations in this step. In this process that you prepare for the operation step by step, we will perform the following examinations in order to review your compliance:
- Lung X-ray
- Respiratory function test
- Blood analysis
- Calculating body mass index.
Step 4 – Endoscopy and surgeryAnd here we are! After your examinations, you will be ready for operation. With this step, you are going to open a new page for your life. During the operation, you will be anesthetized and you will not feel anything.
- Gastric sleeve surgery will take 1 hour,
- Diabetes surgery will take 1.5 hours,
- Gastric balloon and gastric botox operations will take a half-hour.
- If you have a gastric sleeve or diabetes surgery, you will stay at our hospital for 3-4 days.
- If you have a gastric balloon or gastric botox, you will be free to go after for 2-3 hours.
Step 5 – Being discharged from the hospitalYour operation has been done successfully and you were hospitalized for a certain period of time depending on your operation. So good! Now, you are ready to be discharged from the hospital and stay in our contracted hotel. But before you go, your doctor Hasan Erdem and your dietitian will carry out your checks and will share various information about your new postoperative period with you. In this step;
- Your first nutritional process will be explained by your bariatric dietitian.
- You will be given the medicines you need to use after surgery and your bariatric dietitian will explain how to use these medicines.
- Your doctor Hasan Erdem, will perform the final checks before you are discharged from the hospital.
Step 6 – Accommodation at a contracted hotelAfter your check-ups at the hospital, you were discharged and came to our contracted hotel with our VIP transfer vehicle. Possibility of our contracted hotel:
- 5-star comfort,
- 24 hours of uninterrupted room and internet services,
- Spa, gym, lounge facilities will be waiting for you! In this way, you will find the possibility to recover your physical and mental health.
- If you have a gastric sleeve or diabetes surgery, you will stay at the hotel for 3-4 days.
- If you have a gastric balloon or gastric botox, you may stay at the hotel for 1 day or less.
Step 7 – Last controls and return to homeAnd here we are, the last step! In this step where you will count the hours for returning home, you will be taken from our contracted hotel with our VIP transfer vehicle and brought to the hospital for the final checks. Your doctor Hasan Erdem and your dietitian will examine you for the last time to find out if everything is fine before you return home. Your doctor Hasan Erdem will check:
- Your general health and
- Surgical sutures.
- Calculate your body mass index and
- Share with you the diet program you should follow.