Mini gastric bypass surgery is one of the most popular bariatric surgeries. It is also known as mini RNY (Roux-en-Y) gastric bypass. People who have struggled with obesity problems may choose mini gastric bypass surgery depending on their health status. You should contact a gastroenterologist to plan your mini gastric bypass surgery, but first, you need to find the best clinic or best doctor for you!
Many people recommend Turkey for mini gastric bypass surgery because this surgery has been performed over years for people who come from abroad, and the mini gastric bypass results in Turkey are the best! Besides, the cost of gastric bypass surgery in Turkey is affordable. The average cost of a mini gastric bypass in Turkey is 3800 USD (approximately 3320 EURO) which is a cheap option compared to abroad. You can travel to İstanbul after your surgery. There are lots of beautiful and historical places in İstanbul.
You can discover getting mini gastric bypass surgery in Istanbul, Turkey in this blog. Besides, you can find out our clinics’ patients’ reviews, mini gastric bypass before and after photos from the best doctors in Turkey, mini gastric bypass cost Turkey with price comparison in different countries, and plus all-inclusive mini gastric bypass surgery Turkey packages in this blog.
What is a mini gastric bypass?
A method aimed at controlled weight loss and providing this at a high rate also prevents diseases that will occur due to weight. Mini Gastric bypass, which is one of the preferred methods because the recovery time is short, is an important treatment method for Type 2 diabetes.
The aim of the method, also known as an alternative to Gastric sleeve surgery, is to reduce the volume of the stomach and give the feeling of being constantly full. In this way, the patient is able to control weight by consuming less nutrients. In addition to the tube created in the stomach with small tools in the operation, the intestinal working mechanism is directed, reducing the absorption rate of nutrients and eliminating them without absorption.
Mini gastric bypass or as it is called, single anastomosis gastric bypass is a very effective operation and can combine some of the effects of standard gastric sleeve bypass operations. A tube in the upper part of the stomach, and this tube is joined below with the small intestine. Mini gastric bypass can be performed alone as a primary bariatric surgery operation. It can also be used as revision surgery in patients who have previously had surgery but have not been successful or have not been able to lose enough weight.
What is the difference between a gastric bypass and a mini bypass?
Just as in the case of an RNY Gastric Bypass operation, the stomach is divided into two parts. The difference between RNY and Gastric Bypass is that the intestine connects to the stomach without dividing. Thus, in the Mini Gastric Bypass operation, one connection is made less in total. If the absorption is reduced, a longer intestinal section is bypassed in the Mini Gastric Bypass operation than in the RNY Gastric Bypass operation. Due to the fact that the remaining stomach fluids and the passage of bile in its continuation are the ends of the reduced stomach, there is a possibility of bile reflux during a Mini Gastric Bypass operation. In none of the Gastric Bypass surgeries, the stomach is not removed, the stomach is reduced in itself. As a matter of fact, it is extremely advantageous in two operations. In both operations, it reduces the volume of the stomach and provides absorption. Thus, patients lose weight. He is successful at the stage of losing weight in two operations.
How mini gastric bypass isperformed ?
Mini Gastric Bypass is an obesity surgery that reduces the volume of the stomach and reduces the absorption of food from part of the small intestine. It is applied by completely closed method. In other words, large incisions are not made on the abdomen. All are applied by making 5-6 incisions under 1 cm. From these holes, a camera and surgical instruments necessary for surgery are placed in the abdomen. The camera and surgical instruments used are special instruments manufactured in a very small and thin structure so that they can pass through these holes.
At the entrance to the stomach, a small gastric tube is formed and completely separated from the rest of the stomach. The main stomach that will be used after surgery is a new stomach particle that is turned into this small tube. No organ is cut and removed. Most of the remaining part of the stomach remains dormant in the abdomen and continues to produce its secretions.
Closed method (laparoscopic) under general anesthesia with 5 small incisions ranging from 5 to 12 mm and from here the operation is carried out with placed hand tools. A long 50 cc volume tube is formed in the upper part of the stomach. This the connection with the stomach outside the part is severed. This tube is then sewn with the first part of the small intestine, The Twelve-finger intestine.
The other part of the stomach and the first segments of the small intestine are not removed, but they do not function in the absorption of food. Mini gastric bypass surgery takes an average of 60-90 minutes.
What are the advantages of mini gastric bypass?
Here are some advantages of mini gastric bypass:
- Because it creates a system with less pressure than many other bariatric surgery operations, the risk of leakage is relatively lower
- Be completely recyclable
- Easy to overhaul
- It takes less time and has less complication rate than Roux en-Y gastric bypass surgery.
- Internal hernia formation rate is lower.
- High success on weight and additional diseases
- Better eating and drinking comfort after surgery than other methods
- It is less likely to gain weight over a long period of time than other methods
What are the risks of mini gastric bypass?
Here are the most common risks of mini gastric bypass:
- The necessity of using vitamins for life
- The need for careful application in people with stomach cancer in their family
- Dumping syndrome
- Stomach runoff of saffron from the liver creates excessive irritation in the stomach. In the Normal case, this condition is prevented by a special muscular system that controls the outflow of the stomach Nov. In a Mini gastric Bypass operation, the pyloric muscle remains dysfunctional on the stomach, which remains blind. Bile from the liver continues down, emptying into the stomach without any obstacles in front of it. For this reason, after Mini Gastric Bypass, patients are at risk of severe bile reflux and alkaline reflux gastritis.
- In Mini gastric Bypass surgery, the new stomach is created, while the old stomach remains closed inside as it is. Endoscopy cannot be performed after Mini Gastric Bypass surgery on this large part of the stomach, and in case of possible problems, the possibility of early diagnosis or non-surgical treatment is eliminated.
- The stomach is divided into two parts, while the neural stimulation of the remaining stomach is completely severed.
- These nerves are called” VAGUS nerves”. In other words, in Mini gastric Bypass surgery, a “vagotomy” is performed voluntarily. After vagotomy, the pyloric muscle that controls the outflow of the stomach can completely contract and close the outflow, which is a very well-known condition due to ulcer operations performed for 50 years. For this reason, at the same time, the patient who used to have a vagotomy for the treatment of ulcers was made a separate way from the pyloric muscle and the stomach was connected to the small intestine by another way. However, in Mini gastric Bypass surgery, the only excretory canal of the stomach left blind is still through the pyloric muscle, but due to vagotomy, pyloric functions are impaired.
How is the recovery period after mini gastric bypass?
Mini Gastric Bypass is a method that is performed in the fastest, easiest way among the operations performed in obesity surgery and the healing process after the operation is quite comfortable. The hospital admission period after surgery is 3-4 days. Patients are usually kept in intensive care units for the first 1 – 2 days. After surgery, a tube can be placed from the nose to the stomach for 2-3 days to empty the contents of the stomach. In addition, patients are checked every three months and vitamin and mineral values are measured. Additional supplements are made when deficiency is seen.
Mini Gastric Bypass Cost in Turkey vs UK
When comparing the price of Mini Gastric Bypass surgery in Turkey with that in the UK, you may be surprised to learn that the former is considerably cheaper. However, you must bear in mind that the currency in Turkey is a weaker one than the UK’s. This means that the price of your procedure could be considerably higher than it is in the UK. Turkey also does not follow the same standards of surgeons as the UK does, which means that their procedures are not as rigorously scrutinised.
The cost of a mini gastric bypass varies between hospitals and regions. In Turkey, the price of a mini gastric bypass may around 3.120£, but it is not necessarily cheaper. Mini gastric bypass surgeries require regular follow-up appointments with a dietitian and surgeon. Check whether the cost of these extra appointments is included in the price of your procedure.
In the UK, gastric bypass surgery can cost around 5.000£, but this is not the case in Turkey. Turkey is home to a large number of skilled and highly-experienced surgeons. You can expect to pay around 3.120£ for a quality surgery.
Which country is the cheapest for mini gastric bypass?
Turkey is the cheapest country if you are considering a mini Gastric bypass overseas, the famous metropolitan city Istanbul is known for its medical tourism destination and is among the very few countries at the moment that can offer mini gastric bypass surgery, and other weight loss treatments, with the cheapest cost around the globe that come with a great value of other service and performed in a world-class facility.
Does health insurance cover a mini gastric bypass surgery?
The short answer is yes, your mini gastric bypass surgery can be covered with insurance, As Today, most major insurance companies off coverage for gastric sleeves, laparoscopic gastric bypass, and lap gastric bands. However, this does not always imply that your policy covers you.
you can always check with your private health insurance company to see whether you can apply for coverage by changing your policy
Which country is the best for mini gastric bypass?
Turkey is a good choice for patients considering weight loss surgery such as mini gastric bypass and other bariatric procedures. Your post-surgery care will be fantastic in Turkey’s best hospitals, and while a mini gastric bypass may have a quick recovery, it is best to consider it as part of your decision-making process for choosing the best country for a mini gastric surgery.