As you are aware, we had put all clinical activities on hold and postponed our surgical operations upon the advice of surgical obesity related authorities since COVID-19 became a global pandemic.
During this period; we missed both the surgery rooms where we feel at home, and our beloved patients who rely on us to achieve a healthy life.
We tried to keep our presence by:
- Providing online motivation and counselling meetings to our previous and potential patients for around 2 months.
- Maintaining our relationship with you through our Social media accounts and over the phone and sharing useful information from reliable sources concerning the virus.
Additionally, we have been able to prepare our hospital and clinic according to the ‘new normal’ standards and take all necessary preparations to operate safely.
After a fight against the Coronavirus which lasted for months, Turkey has finally managed to take the virus under control. Happily, we keep getting positive results against the virus.
In the light of detailed meetings and the views of various international authorities on bariatric surgery Dr. HE Obesity Clinic will begin accepting a controlled amount of patients as of June 1st, 2020.
We have transformed our operative process to:
- Plan according to the post-pandemic period with a personalized approach,
- Be compatible with the guidelines prepared by the authorities and
- Ensure the safety of patients and staff by using state-of-the-art technology.
The Precautions We Have Implemented
- Consultations and surgeries will be scheduled within certain timeframes to prevent crowding the clinic and hospital.
- Cases suspected of COVID-19 will be handled in areas isolated from contact with other patients.
- Every patient and staff member will be tested for body heat before entering the hospital.
- The health condition of our entire team will be monitored and each staff member will be periodically informed to take all necessary safety precautions.
- Both our clinic and hospital has been readjusted in a way that enables a socially distanced seating plan.
- The number of companions that our patients are entitled to bring along has been limited in the following of the pandemic. Our patient representatives will inform you about these limitations.
- If any of our potential patients are suspected of carrying infections, under no circumstance will they receive an obesity treatment.
- All the areas within our hospital will be disinfected with the use of specialized products periodically during the day and at the end of each shift.
- Our staff members both in the clinic and hospital have undertaken associated trainings and will be using masks, gloves and hand disinfectants.
- All our incoming patients will also be provided with personal safety equipment such as masks, gloves and hand sanitizers.
- The magazines, newsletters and brochures within the perimiter of our hospital and clinic have been removed to minimize the risk of contagion. The playing areas for children have been closed down for the same reason.
- Our cleaning staff have been instructed about the sanitization protocol and the usage of single-use gloves. Room interiors, waiting room furniture, remote controls, wheelchairs, stretchers, doors, carpets and clothing are sanitized accordingly with the appropriate cleaning products.
- Our food and beverage staff have been informed about the new hygiene regulations. Accordingly, most of the public equipment in our cafeteria has been removed and those that remain are being sanitized regularly.
- Our ambulances, shuttles and VIP transfer vehicles are getting disinfected by specialized professionals.
You may direct all questions concerning our procedures in the period following the Coronavirus from our Social media channels or our +90 543 346 10 37 helpline.